ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

Seoul House

Two words: Korean BBQ.

If you have not tried kbbq, I'm prettttty sure that you have not lived. If you love all things meat then I would recommend an all you can eat place, because places like Hwaro or Dae Jang Geum are rather expensive. The photos below were taken at Seoul House (Russell Street, CBD). 

The Korean BBQ experience is much better if you go with someone who actually does speak Korean, but you're safe choosing beef bulgogi (marinated meat) and chicken! There are many small side dishes which includes potatoes, picked vegetables, lettuce and kimchi - I hate spicy food but kimchi is the perfect kind of spicy so you must definitely try it (kimchi is fermented veggies)!!!

The KOREAN BBQ experience is like teppanyaki but better. Teppanyaki is Japan's way of saying 'come in and let us cook expensive meat in front of you and splash oil on your face by accident'. Korean BBQ is Korea's way of saying 'come in and let us fill your stomach with flavoursome meat but grill it yourself because it's more fun that way'.  For those who have eaten this will most definitely agree that it is a fun, fulfilling and absolutely DELICIOUS way of eating lunch or dinner. 

Best served with white rice and wear clothes that you're not afraid will smell because although fuming meat smells amazing, it isn't when you walk out. Seoul House was okay - you eat your moneys worth and they even gave us zucchini soup which I larve! 

Seoulia in Box Hill, Hwaro, Viking 92 in Chadstone and this little place we discovered near Melbourne Central (I don't remember the name) are fantastic places to treat your taste buds to!! I'll blog about them sometime soon but I don't want to bombard you with Korean BBQ places when there are so many other restaurants to share :)


My favourite fellow foodies: Thao and Lynne 


Stay classy.
Lisa xox

No comments:

Post a Comment