ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

Hopetoun Tea Room


Stanley (from the office) couldn't have said it any better. If I don't have some cake soon, I might die. I obviously don't eat cake everyday (but if I could, I would). Blah blah health issues blah blah the fat goes straight to your thighs yadda yadda yadda.
No.
To me, it releases so many endorphins that make me so happy beyond belief. So when my amazin friend Vivi took me to Hopetoun Tea Rooms two Fridays ago, it was heaven on earth. It is a little quaint place located in the arcade off Collins Street..... this is the shop window:


We ordered a CHOCOLATE PECAN cake and a BERRY cheesecake which both tasted amazing and gave justice to the wonderful reviews that I had read about the tea room. It's probably a good idea to order  some tea with your cakes and scones because it helps to wash it down and cleanse your stomach. I ordered a chocolate milkshake and it was an overload of sugar (if there was such thing). High tea is such an amazing experience and a really creative way to eat - we didn't order sandwiches or macarons but fortunately we didn't because we were totes stuffed afterwards. Pretty much had to waddle out of the tea room and we came in with an empty stomach mind you!!!

I'm looking forward to exploring what Melbourne cafes have to offer. Starbucks, Gloria Jeans, San Churros etc are conventional and boring places to be. Instead of going to those typical places, you should definitely wander around and support small businesses!

And eat cake, no matter how many calories it has! Just work it off afterward. Duh.

P.S the two last photos were taken with instagram: badasiandriver ;)


2 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog and it's kind of kickass, especially the banner. Keep up the eating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ming! My first comment - thank you I really appreciate it :)
    My friend made the banner I'm completely useless at those things.
    Happy reading :) xxx

    ReplyDelete