ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

Misty's Diner



American Food. We all know about it. Greasy. Big portioned. Epic Meal Time. Mystical. Why did I use the word 'mystical'? Because today I will be sharing my wonderful experience at Misty's Diner... and this place is nothing short of mystical. The interior is an unquestionable replica of a real American diner. The only thing that was missing was that the waiter girls weren't on rollerskates, boo you whore. This didn't change the fact that this restaurant, hidden away in the streets of Prahan, holds a menu so amazing that I just have to share it! Considering we don't have many diners around Melbourne, this place is a lot better than Soda Rock on Chapel Street. Zooey Deschanel couldn't have said it any better, I love food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love her as well.

I don't know why the photos are so blue but don't h8.



As you can see from the images, we ordered a burger with chili fries that were fortunately NOT too chili because I cannot tolerate the intensity of spicy food. I did the rookie mistake of ordering a big breakfast, but when you are so overwhelmed by the menu, you do some silly things. The waffles were delicious but I wish there was maple syrup to eat it with. There were other meals I would have preferred to indulge in, but I guess it gives me an excuse to simply go back! Misty's Diner also stocks a vast selection of American beverages and American lollies and pop tarts et cetera. Misty's Diner closes at around 10pm but this place would be the best destination to eat at after a big (read messy) night out. 


Take me back to America! I miss it so much.
My family. The lifestyle. The food. The shopping.

Misty's Diner
Address: 103 High Street, Prahran 3181
Contact: 9510 1959

No comments:

Post a Comment