ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

Longrain Melbourne

My first time at Longrain was in November 2011 and I have not been there since. Why? Because although the interior looked good on the eye, the food was only OKAY. Considering it has a highly regarded reputation of being a fine dining restaurant, the food, in my opinion, didn't have the WOW factor that I was expecting. Longrain is modern Thai cuisine which I guess gives them an interesting side to the restaurant. Our amateur move was that we didn't make a booking and ending up waiting for almost two hours, also because they 'forgot about us'. That goes to show how much they value their patrons. The cocktails were sub par to what I had read about before I went, so fortunately I only ordered one. It had chunky bits of fruit that was rather offputting.

If you do pay Longrain a visit, don't go in with high expectations because they probably won't be met. Bring sufficient funds because the portions are small and you will end up ordering 3/4 dishes, 5 if you're having dessert. You will also be sitting next to strangers on a really long table. Order the egg nest, but be warned, it's mostly filled with bean shoots which I guess gives it a refreshing taste. The pork was pretty good as well but from memory there was a lot of fat on it.

I forgot my camera that day, hence why the photos were taken from my trust iPhone 4. I really need to invest in a better camera.

watermelon cocktails
Trout Fish which had a delicious sauce that wasn't too sweet or sour.
The amazing egg nest.
Pork, Egg Nest, Fish

No comments:

Post a Comment