ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

Three Bags Full

Having a blood test requires starving yourself of food and certain beverages to allow the blood to be pure and unaffected in accuracy. Breakfast is THE most important meal of the day and I pity anyone who does not eat breakfast (unless there is a time constraint). Even then, you should be able to pick up a piece of fruit or a yoghurt before you go. So, waiting in the doctor's room for a dreaded blood test (that I have been avoiding for years) made my stomach grumble and my taste buds salivate at the thought of eating any food. I drove to uni on an empty stomach after my test, only to find that my classes had been cancelled! Hooray!

Fortunately for me, my uni and my second GP are located close by (in Richmond), and it is also where Three Bags Full is fortunately situated. I have driven past this place on numerous occasions, but never had the chance to dine in. The building is actually separated into two, the boisterous side with many more tables and an exquisite cake selection, the other was quiet and tame. But don't fret about which sides to choose! Both sides of the cafe have baristas to fulfil your coffee desires.



^ the extensive TBF menu
I definitely would have opted for something other than the big breakfast, but being in my hungry state, I  had to order it. However, my eyes were hungrier than my stomach. I could not finish it all on my own.
^ The big breakfast included: Sourdough toast, poached eggs (without hollandaise sauce), bacon (because I freaking love bacon), cheese kransky, tomato, massive sized mushrooms, spinach and tomato chutney (which I love eating with fried chippes). At a mere price of $18.50, you can't go wrong. It is a big expensive for what you getting (you can definitely make it at home), but compared to other places, the food was extremely fresh and juicccccccy. Out of all the big breakfasts that I have ever eaten in my life, and I have eaten many... I would rate this a 6.5/10. It could have gotten an 8.5 but I would grade it down due to price and presentation.

^ Chai Latte $4.0
This photo was taken on my iPhone 4s. 
Sitting by the window gave me excellent lighting.
^ Reading The Age on my iPad.
I don't realise how much we take WIFI for granted. Three Bags Full does not have wifi, so I had to use my personal hotspot for internet. We are so capable to do anything with the use of technology. I hope we don't get taken over by robots.
^ Reflection of my breakfast / lunch / brunch in the mirror.

^ Image from http://smallwerld.com/food/three-bags-full/ visit it for more information and gorgeous photos! Wish I had that type of artistic mindframe.


Three Bags Full
60 Nicholson Street 
(Near the Bardot Factory)
(03) 9421 2732

1 comment: