ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

Huxtaburger Restaurant



^ Photo credit here by Matt Innes

Going to uni in the city has major pros and cons. A pro, as I have probably mentioned in an earlier post, is having Brunswick Street and Smith Street on either side of our campus. So. Much. Win.

Huxtaburger is a short walk from our uni, so I was grateful to finally give the popular place a visit. Melbourne was blessed with sunny weather today, a rare sight these days. Every one was sitting outside, soaking up the sunshine and patiently waiting for the burgers. Huxtaburger do not use table numbers, instead they call out the order by name. Boost Juice also uses this system, and I hate it when someone calls out my name (as Lisa is so freaking common), and I get my hopes up thinking that my green tea mango mantra is ready, when it is not.

^ playing around with photo booth and the business card
^ uni buddies wearing our sunnies because the weather was hot like a sunrise
I am obviously somewhat retarded and did not make it into the shot. 
^ Bill's Burger ($10.50) with Huxtaburger burger ($8.5) in the background. 

Look at the size difference between the two burgers. The bun was nice and soft, the egg was cooked to perfection, the fries were crisp and judging from my description, let's just say this burger was perfection. The large crinkle cup size wasn't as big as I thought it would be, but at the small price of $3 you really can't complain. This is one of the best burgers that I've ever eaten, and I've eaten A LOT OF BURGERS IN MY LIFE TIME. So the next time you think about going to McDonald's for a burger that is loaded full of crap, take the take and head out to Huxtaburger for a fresh tasting, stomach smiling, tastebud partying type burger.

Fortunately you were not there to witness me eating this bad boy, because it was a big wrestle. Jenny gave me the advice of eating the burger backwards so that the fillings don't fall out. IT WORKS. YOU MUST TRY IT. Also, I probably shouldn't be disclosing this information on my blog, but those who know the area will know that it doesn't populate the most educated and proper citizens of Melbourne. This fair dinkum Aussie couple (I am in no way being racist towards them, but that's what they were) walked past Huxtaburger just YELLING at each other. Well, it was mostly the male yelling at the pregnant female, crudely shouting "You're 6 months pregnant and all you care about is heroin. That's my baby. You don't even care about it, only care about shooting up. Blah blah blah". A wave of shock and :| faces just hit the patrons of Huxtaburger that day. When they walked past, all of us were just laughing in shock at what just happened. I hope that baby will be okay.

Huxtaburger Restaurant
106 Smith Street, Collingwood
03 9417 MEAT (which is 6328)

1 comment:

  1. Hahah hot like a sunrise! Best ad. Lol how on earth do you eat a burger backwards :p?

    ReplyDelete