ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

Animal Orchestra

Animal Orchestra is the title of a little golden book... you might remember the one with a bear on the front cover, playing the cymbals. This little shack (called Animal Orchestra) is located across from Melbourne Uni. From the outside, it looks like a minuscule piece of property that you will overlook as you walk past, but the inside of the cafe boasts a rather flamboyant interior. Today was wonderful; the sun was shining (which is a rare sight for Melbournians), and we were all a bunch of hungry hippos. The waiters were running around like headless chooks. Despite how occupied they were with all the other patrons, they attended to us regularly and didn't stuff up our order. We couldn't get a seat outside in the lovely sunshine, because it was paccccked with indie swag macbook polo chino van wearing Melbourne Uni kids outside, Giraffe being one of them lulz.

As for the food, I ordered baked eggs #3, chorizo, without black pudding. (Black pudding is is a euphemism for blood sausage. Blood sausage, as the name suggests, is dried animal blood. People eat in in Bun Rieu and stuff). The sourdough bread was delicious with melted butter, but it was so chewy and eventually I was too lazy to even chew on it any longer.

Giraffe ordered a tomato panini, which is pretty much a focaccia. He didn't feel like eating meat today, so he ordered something plain instead. I always go for meals with meat. I don't know why, it's an awful habit because I don't try to venture out and try different flavours, unless I've read good reviews about it. Need to start changing my diet!

I also got a soy chai latte, and usually they are served in teeny tiny latte cups. Instead, this was served in a tall glass, which I was extremely happy about. It took a while for the flavour to set in, but when it did, it was DELICIOUS to say the least. I read some reviews about the coffee that Animal Orchestra make, and I can vouch and say that it was perf. Altogether our meal was $26, so this is a cheap eat indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are no paper menus inside. The menu is on a gigantic blackboard.

^ barista play area
^ Soy Chai Latte. 
You can't really tell that this was a tall glass. But it was.
^ When you first walk in.
^ cute little water bottles

Tomato Paninni
Chorizo Baked Eggs, #3
^ BAKED EGGS AND PANINNI
^ nip slip, i dont mind
^ on the walls
^ getting ma nails did at Elegant Tips and Toes, Lygon Street.
French tips for only $13 yay :)
^ Today was a very good day. I was surrounded by people that I love, doing what I love, in good weather which I love. I decided to spoil myself with a manicure and four of my favourite macarons from LuxBite. I was driving past the place on Toorak Road, traffic stopped me right in front of Luxbite, and there was a car spot to pull over and park in. I COULDN'T POSSIBLY RESIST. If you have never been to LuxBite, I have written a post on it here if you would like more information :D



Animal Orchestra
163 Grattan Street  Carlton 3053(Right next to KFC off Swanston and Grattan Street)
(03) 9349 4944

2 comments:

  1. You bring back so many memories...I used to go to Animal Orchestra all the time and loved looking at all the cool pictures on the walls. I also noticed the nip slips :P and I didn't mind either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi darling!

    Your blog makes me too hungry during work! You must must recommend places when/if I head to Melb anytime soon!

    x karen
    www.thechicndamned.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete