ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

Gold Leaf, Docklands

Hi everyone.
Sorry for the blogging hiatus!!!
I've been extremely busy with uni and work, so my mind is all over the place. 
I have so many pending posts that I need to complete and share with you all, but to begin, I'll start with Gold Leaf in Docklands. My first time there was last January for a friend's 18th birthday. She had a banquet with all of her closest friends, and the food and service was devine. I know I've already written a blog post about Gold Leaf, but each one offers a different experience. I recently went to Gold Leaf in Burwood and it left me walking out feeling disappointed and losing faith in yumcha. The best GL Restaurant would have to be in Sunshine. Exceptional hospitality from the waiters, delicious variety of foods and defs worth the travel. 

It's been a week since the asean ball. Time flies!!! Where does it go???
The day after the big night, we all went to the Gold Leaf in Docklands to tingle our taste buds with Yum Cha. Considering we didn't have a lot to eat on the night of Asean Ball...................................... we were all prettttttttttty hungry the next day. We paid $110 to eat bread, dip, dry chicken and Cacao Green froyo which I didn't even receive *shakes fist*

^ View from Crown Promenade taken with a miniature setting.
^ Table 25 right next to the dance floor
^ Main - chicken that wasn't even worth taking in a nice angle.


Reasons why Gold Leaf Docklands was better than Gold Leaf Burwood:
1. It's relatively bigger with nice interior
2. The waiters at Docklands are not rude
3. The food was NOT COLD. When we ordered Ha Cheung (the rice rolls with prawns and sweet soya sauce) at Burwood it was COLD. It is my favourite dish ever since I was young. To order ha cheung and have it served cold is a disgrace to yumcha and what it stands for.
4. It seemed as though GL Burwood were serving anything they could make out of the spare ingredients they had in their kitchen. I commend the chefs for trying to be creative, but serving mini burgers (which when I observed, no one wanted) does not comply with yum cha standards (imo). Just stick to making dericious dumprings and standard yumcha food. 
5. Docklands has better dumplings. What makes a good har gow dumpring? One that does not crumble when you try to pick it up. Even if you are incapable of using chopsticks, the skin should not tear apart or else that is an indication that it has been out for too long. 


^ Are you a fan of chicken feet? Cos I surely am not! 
^ chinese broccoli with oyster sauce, ha cheung and random bits and pieces of dumprings and pork ribs
^ yeyeye mango pudding baybeh


Gold Leaf Docklands
10 Star Circus Docklands Victoria 3008
(in Harbour Town, upstairs)
(03)9670 1128

No comments:

Post a Comment