ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

Casa Bella Cafe & Restaurant

Long awaited catch ups are always THEE best. The passing around of food. Sharing stories that we've missed out on. Getting abs from laughing too much... This Friday afternoon was spent with my high school sweethearts. It's a rare occasion when we catch up, but when we do, it is always memorable and full of hilarity. Of course, there was food included... and A LOT of it. (back in high school, we used to bring a shit load of food for lunch and everyone always thought we had a birthday in our group or something but in reality we just had a lot of food to share with one another... embarra as).

Casa Bella Cafe & Restaurant is located near the movie side of Northland. The food range at Northland is pretty crap compared to Highpoint, which has everything at their disposal - Seared, Grill'd, Nando's, San Churro's, La Porchetta, Bubble Cup among other things. We have Casa Bella, Secret Recipe and Pancake Parlour. Lame.

Fortunately breakfast was served until 4pm. I ordered eggs benedict and was delighted by the presentation and colours, but disappointed by the taste of the hollandaise sauce. For one, they didn't give me a satisfactory amount of sauce and secondly, the taste wasn't sweet at all. It's pretty obvious that I have a sweet tooth, but the flavour of the sauce wasn't rich enough for me. On the flip side, the poached eggs were perf. It's a good place to hang out for coffee, and would fit hundreds of people in the indoor and outdoor areas so you'll never have to wait long. The waiter who served us while we were paying was very pushy and rude. I ain't tippin you nuttin wit dat attitude. 

I guess I would rate it a 8/10 in terms of pricing of the food and the delectable taste. It's the only thing Northland has got going for them.

^ Eggs Salmon
^ Eggs Benedict with perf poached eggs
^ Dat Chicken Avocado and Dat Breakfast Foccacia
^fwends4lyf


*****************************************************************************
Other occasions I have been to Casa Bella: 

& le big breakfast. how can u not have spinach???
^ creamy pasta
^ sticky date pudding
^ chocolate and banana milkshakes 


Casa Bella Cafe & Restaurant
2-50 Murray Road  Preston VIC 3072
Northland
(03) 9471 1322

1 comment:

  1. This food looks unbelievable! I too have a thing for breakfast and usually order some sort of eggs benedict :) yum!!

    ReplyDelete