ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

Pappa Rich Doncaster

I'm not a huge fan of Malaysian food because there was this one time (not at band camp) I mistakenly ordered a spicy dish from a Malaysian restaurant on Elizabeth Street and almost died because I cannot tolerate spicy food (weaksauce, I know). But contrary to this, due to the blast of Pappa Rich Restuarants, I had to go try it out.

The Doncaster Pappa Rich was nicely decorated, but seemed a bit tooooo fancy in the interior. You'll know what I mean when you walk inside. I enjoyed their ordering system which is a fool proof system that 99% of the time they will get your order right. There is a receipt book and pen where you fill out your own order, and proceed to press the bell when you're done. I was pretty annoyed because they forgot about my order, but the food was delicious and I GUESS that made up for it.




I love Hainanese chicken but this by FAR has got to be the best that I've ever had. The dipping sauces were a bit too strong for me though. The rice and fried chicken meal (pictured above) was delicious! The orange rice was a bit dry which I disliked, but all the flavours went really well together nonetheless. I can't wait to go back and try the meals with roti bread, they looked delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment