ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

Jungle Juice Bar






JUNGLE JUICE BAR WAS RIDICULOUSLY HIDDEN AWAY IN CENTRE PLACE (between Flinders Lane and Collins Street) BUT I WAS SO HAPPY I FOUND IT BECAUSE IT'S PROBABLY THE BEST BAGEL PLACE I HAVE EVER BEEN TO, HANDS DOWN. It's a really small cafe but the people who work there have big hearts and the food was beyond amazeballs.

Why is this place soOooooOoOOOoooooO amazing as I claim it to be?

1. The menu was in the Little Golden Books. If that doesn't make you go 'awww', I don't know what will... you heartless person. These books resonate with my sweet, sweet childhood so I was happy to see it in good use (considering the fact that young children these days will grow up having a pretty lousy childhood). 



2. There is a lady named Quinn who has been going to Jungle Juice Bar for twelve years (and counting). Considering that this level of customer retention is very rare, she made our experience so much better and gave the place a really warm and loving feel. The workers have placed several of her drawings up on the wall. Quinn sat next to our table and began to draw us. It was the cutest thing I had seen in a long time, as she was a woman of very few words, but had a smile in her eyes which in turn made us smile as well.

the biggest babe in my life

3. The menu was not limited. Although we couldn't mix and match ingredients, you really shouldn't have to because the list of bagels (among other foods) were jaw dropping. We ordered a babin Bagel Burger and a kool kat Kransky bagel. I endeavour to try them all one day. And don't laugh at my photo I know I'm really lame - the typical Asian taking photos of everything they eat but BOOHOO get over it, it's my passion. And I love seeing foods from a birds eye view!!! Who cares if people stare at you for standing up or taking photos, you're probably never going to see them again anyways, so just hiss at them if they look at chu!!! 



4. The coffee/juice was rather interesting as I ordered a Spanish Cafe Baa Baa. Okay tbh I don't really remember the name but it was a shot of espresso with condensed milk with milk on the side. Although it was really small, it tasted delish and was different from the traditional styled coffees. Will have to try their juices one day. Blurry photo. Don't h8.



5. Last but not least, the waiters / workers / owners whatever were so nice. There is a guy with curly hair who was so charismatic and wonderful. If any of these five reasons have not made you jump out of your seat with excitement and want to tell everyone to go there then... I don't know what will. Best bagelz EVA.

3 comments:

  1. Aw I was on Degraves today - so unoriginal. will defs have to try and locate this place!!!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have to check it out! We can even have coffee there together one day xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog .... I read all post, I like it. Thanks web master
    Jungle Juice

    ReplyDelete