ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

Naked For Satan.

Friday the 15th. The first night of real freedom after finishing exams. What do we do now? Where should we go? We could have procrastinated and would not have felt an inch of guilt. But the girls and I were feeling like something different for dinz, and ended up at Naked for Satan. I attend uni near this place, but have yet to go in. I'm glad to say that I have finally paid a visit, because the eating experience is like no other. There is no set menu (unless you're after alcoholic beverages, then you will enjoy reading the labels and ingredients of the drinks). The layout is like buffet; plates and tongs are set out for you to choose which 'pintxos' that you would like to indulge in. There were roughly twenty in the selection, ranging of sweet or savoury. But mostly savoury. Merely $2 each, I had 5 and felt rather content but not entirely full.

What is a pintxos, you might ask? 
Well, it is a piece of bread (not the sandwich, the actual roll), with different toppings such as wagyu, chicken, veggies, smoked salmon, prawns or pears... among many many others. They are secured with a toothpick, and once you've eaten the pintxos, you put the toothpick in a little plastic shotglass which you would take to the cash register once you're done. Naked For Satan puts a lot of trust in their patrons by ensuring that they are giving the right amount of toothpicks at the cash register. But as NAB states adamantly, Australians are a pretty honest bunch.



Unfortunately I didn't take many photos because I was too hungry and semi forgot about it............................... disappointing, I KNOW. I have taken two images (shown above) from their website! Definitely check it out if you're interested in going because it will be worth your time. As you can see from the image above, it's a dark and comfortable place for afterwork drinks or small nibbles. You shouldn't have to make a booking, just go there and hope for a space to clear up. The waiters don't really talk to you about sitting down, so do your own thing. Some of the waiters actually walk around and offer you pintxos or sausages that weren't in the buffet area, so keep a look out for them.


Pictured above from left to right, row one: Chicken and Eggplant
Row two: Smoked salmon, wagyu (which smelt really bad) and veggies. 

I don't have an outstanding favourite but if I had to pick, it would be a slim competition between the salmon or the eggplant. The white dressing on the eggplant pintxos was a bit offputting though. But at a small price of $2 each, you can't really go wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment