ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

Gelato Messina

Gelato Mesina
Address: 237 Smith Street Fitzroy
Contact: 90175470
Hours: Everyday 12pm - 11pm
Price: $$
Website: http://www.gelatomessina.com/

Gelato Messina Fitzroy on Urbanspoon


Alas! Summer is FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!!! We're three days in and I love the notion of leaving the house without wearing layers and layers. Summer is definitely my favourite time of the year - a time to tan on the beach, a time to spend with loved ones during the festive season, a time to party and a new & exciting year beckoning. 

Today the best friend and I paid Gelato Messina a visit! We were planning to go on the day of the Johnston Street Spanish Fiesta but the line was ridiculously long. Ain't nobody got time for that. 
--
Gelato Messina actually originated from Sydney, where they have four stores. Messina finally graced Melbourne with their cakes and gelatos... something to definitely rave on and on about. It's situated on Smith Street meaning it's not hard to get to, and remember it's CASH ONLY! 


Feast your eyes on massive scoops of deliciousness! The texture was so smooth and the flavours were authentic and powerful because everything is made from scratch in their icecream labs. 

Can I have the whole bucket please? :P


Left: Messy Juliette - Strawberry gelato with whipped cream and Marsala soaked sponge
Right: Bounty

Juliette is actually one of their Strawberry sponge cakes (which they have creatively made into a gelato)! I was so close to ordering Pandan and Coconut but luckily the employee let me try the Messy Juliette because it was x10 better!!! The flavour combinations and chunky bits when you bite into it was divine. As soon as I took my first bite, I instantly knew why people would wait and line up outside the store. I would definitely go back and buy a tub of it for home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment