ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

Top Paddock

Top Paddock
Address: 658 Church Street Richmond 3121
Contact: 94294332
Hours: Mon - Fri 7am to 4pm, Weekends 8am to 4pm
Price: $$$

Top Paddock on Urbanspoon



Winter is almost over and I am thrilled at the fact of it because I HATE WINTER. I am a summer kind of gal because rainy days and layering clothes is not my cup of tea. Fortunately, my visit to Top Paddock was on a sunny day and it was delightful to catch up with an old friend (Ai Thi) who I've known for 15 years (since prep). Top Paddock is a cute brunch place located in the hustle and bustle of Richmond. I've seen so many photos on Instagram but I'm so glad I finally got to try it out :)

Unfortunately we had to sit on the communal table because we arrived during the lunch peak hour, but we were so involved in our conversation that it didn't bother me that people were sitting around us. It was extremely difficult to choose what to eat for lunch because each item on the menu sounded so lovely. Eventually I chose the soft shell crab in a brioche bun because I am a sucker for seafood and if it's in a burger form... even better!

Local pine mushrooms with chilli scrambled eggs and Boatshed feta on toast - $15.50
Ai Thi ordered the scrambled eggs so I didn't eat much of it because it had the evil ingredient CHILLI. You can't really go wrong if you order eggs and mushies in a brunch dish. 

Fresh soft-shell Qld mud crab roll with fennel, dill and lime mayo in a brioche bun - $21.00
This dish was a clear winner for me!!! The soft shell crab was a bit too salty for my own liking but still DEEEELISH nonetheless. I LOVE BURGERS so to have seafood combined with a sweet bun was nothing short of amazing. The price was a bit dear but I would pay for it again and again because it was THAT good. The photo makes the burger look really big but the bun was extremely soft so biting into it wasn't too difficult. 


Stools made out of street signs. 
Open spaces. Loved the environment. Loved the waiters/service. Loved the decos. Loved the menu! Pretty much loved everything except waiting to pay at the front desk because it took longer than it should have. Parking around Top Paddock wasn't too difficult either because there are inner streets around the cafe. 

Tea cup lights! So cute. 


HOW TO GET THERE:

No comments:

Post a Comment