ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

The Cornershop Cafe

The Cornershop Cafe
Address: 9 Ballarat Street Yarraville
Contact: 96890052
Hours: Mon 8-5:30pm, Tues-Sat 8-9:30pm and Sun 8-5:30pm
Price: $
Website: No website, only a Facebook page

The Cornershop on Urbanspoon



The Cornershop is a tiny cafe located in Yarraville, located across from the well known Sun Theatre. As I was manoeuvring my car through the small streets, I could really sense a taste of what Victoria used to look like in the olden days, where women would wear gorgeous colourful frocks and men would cruise around in their Cadillacs? The area of Yarraville reminded me of one scene from The Notebook where Noah and Allie lay in the middle of a road without a fear in the world. Maybe I've been watching too many soppy movies...

Pot of Chai Latte - $4.50
There is nothing I love more than cafes that serve chai lattes in a tea pot form. It makes the drinking experience just that LITTLE bit better, especially when served with honey. My favourite spot in Melbourne for a pot of chai tea would have to be Industry Beans :)

Baked eggs! Green sauce with kaiserfleisch $14.50
Sarah and I arrived to the Cornershop too late for breakfast and too early for dinner. Thank goodness there was the option of baked eggs (only until 4pm). When the waitress served it to me, the portion looked ridiculously small but when you start picking it at, it's perfect. The kaiserfleisch is like some sort of German ham and had a delicious taste. Two thumbs up from me for this dish. 

Spiced braised meatballs with turkish bread & parmesan $15.50
How cute are the colours on this dish? It reminds me of Christmas. I only got to try a bit of this dish but any dish with lots of rocket is a winner for me. 

Hand Cut Chips with Aioli 

THE CORNERSHOP is definitely a place I would consider "CHEAP EATS". Everything is under $20 bar one dish, pork belly, which is $22 but still quite reasonable considering that it is from the dinner menu. I wish I lived closer to Yarraville so I can soak in more of the culture and enjoy more of the restaurants that they have to offer. I'll make a note to catch public transport on my next visit, at parking was horrific. 


HOW TO GET THERE:


No comments:

Post a Comment