ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

Pappa Rich Doncaster, Round 2

As promised in my last post on PappaRich, I am back one month later to try the roti bread dishes!!! This time around we ordered more dishes, and I was extremely happy with ALL of them. The roti bread that was served with my meal was a bit broken up and not wholesome at all. I expected a bit more because it was just so flat! The crispy chicken skin MIGHT look unappealing and gross because it's so fried and oily but it was not one bit. It tasted like real chicken strips. I can't wait to give Gami a visit and try the chicken there!!! Greed ALL the chicken!

Fortunately there are tv screens in PappaRich Doncaster so we were able to watch the Olympics in the background. Judo was pretty intense but I don't really understand the objective of it. Watching men's judo is x10 better than watching the women's because it is more agressive and interesting. But lesbihonest, women are still better.

Two main dishes, one entree and two drinks for less than $35. 
What an absolute bargain for two people! Cheap eat$ for sure!!!

^ a plate for fried chicken skin nomnomnom i love chicken
^ BONELESS HAIANESE CHICKEN = FAVOURITE
^ teh tea beverages. sweet and smooth
^ Slice of hazelnut and Toblerone cake from Mocha Jo's

On another note, I finally watched The Dark Knight Rises on Sunday and it was AAAAAAAMMMMAAAZZZZINNGGG to say the least. My world was rocked. I hadn't felt that way (walking out of the cinema) since I watched the 12am screening of the last Harry Potter. I walked in not knowing that Joseph Gordon Levitt was in it, so my expectations were high and the movie just got better and better as it progressed. I had to hold onto my bladder because I did not want to miss a second of the movie. It's a shame that Alfred wasn't in most of the scenes because he is seriously a sweetheart. But the acting and storyline of the movie was excellent. Breath taking. Superb. I would pay to watch it again. But Tom Hardy's acting did not compare to Heath Ledger and his passion being ingrained as a joker.
Tom Hardy you're still a big babe in my eyes though.

No comments:

Post a Comment