ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

Mocha Jo's

Mocha Jo's is a great place for catching up with coffee and has an extensive yet delicious menu ranging from entree options to mains. Located on Kingsway (Glen Waverley), it's worth the travel because the coffee is so effin good! There is Zest 89 across the road but the coffee there is pretty bad tbh. I couldn't find any more images that I've taken at Mocha's on iPhoto (I really should clean out my folders) but the ones below show the type of servings that you would expect. The chips have always been fresh, and I guess it's safe to say that I have never been disappointed with my meal, ever. I am a food snob so that's a pretty big deal. 

The waiters/waitresses are really sweet, but they will constantly pester you and ask you if you want any more drinks which is rather annoying. Be sure to make a booking if you're intended to dine at night because it's always busy. 

^ calamari as a main and a chicken burger which was super delicious.
^ trio of dips and wedges hellz yes
^ lunch with my girls some time ago, wedges and calamari salad for four people
^ salmon with asparagus, sweet potato mash, eggplant paste and chili... damn the chili 
^ a really rich sticky date pudding that i did not enjoy one bit 
^ i love cheesecake with honeydew green tea mhhhmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment