ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

Cheshire


There isn't a lot of exciting things to do in the northern suburbs of Melbourne, but when you've lived there your entire life you kinda get used to it. Life's too short to ponder on the small things, and you should be venturing out to new experiences and places anyway. Fortunately for us we have a couple of little eating gems in Preston / Reservoir such as Lady Bower Kitchen, Jackson Dodds and the newly discovered Cheshire. It's been there for a while now (since 2011), but I never had a chance to go because it's out of the way for me when I go to uni and work. 

Cheshire has all the breakfast essentials at a low price. It's very vegan / vegetarian friendly, kid and pet friendly and has eftpos facilities! If you're ever in the area and looking for a place to brunch or have coffee with a mate then Cheshire will fulfil all your needs. We sat outside so I didn't take many photos of the cafe itself, but the outdoor seatings had umbrellas which was so beneficial on the hot day that we went.

Iced Coffee ($5) that wasn't even iced and Organic OJ ($4)
If it's a hot day and a customer orders an iced coffee, you don't serve a coffee with two scoops of icecream. It tasted as if it was at room temperature so I was not happy about it. At least the coffee tasted good though. 

Baked eggs with Chorizo $17 from memory
Anything with baked eggs on the menu, I'll order it in a heartbeat. I love eggs, especially poached eggs, but when it's baked it tastes even better than usual. There was a bit too much sauce, as you can see on my napkin the waitress spilt it on while she was bringing it out. The egg was hard to cut up because I didn't want to spill it any further and lose the juicyness. The bread was a bit too hard for my liking so I only ate one slice (which I felt really guilty about).

The Chesh $18 from memory
This WOULD HAVE been the most amazing breakfast dish, but it was missing one thing.
Can you guess what it is???


If you guessed MUSHROOMS then you are correctamundo. Sarah doesn't eat baked beans so I ate it for her, only to find that they were gourmet and mixed with diced onions! Not just ones from the can. The scrambled egg portion was quite large, usually when you order scrambled it looks tiny.

Close up of my baked eggs :)

That persons knee in the window looks like a ladys bum.



Cheshire
Address: 583 Gilbert Road West Preston Melbourne
Contact: 0422 591 650
Hours: Monday - Friday 7am - 4pm and Saturday - Sunday 8am - 4pm.
Price: $$
Website: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cheshire/279630092053515

Cheshire on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment