I know I'm really on and off with this beloved food blog... but the last couple of days have been a major rollercoaster in my life, and hence, a huge eye opener. My life basically has flashed in front of my eyes, and it has only taught me one thing... to seize the day. CARPE DIEM. I do not think I can fully grasp the idea of seizing my long summer days, and I don't think kissing Brita will do it for me either (Community reference).
But with this being said, everyone is different. Do you often find yourself inside on a warm day? Do you find yourself bored and lifeless? Do you ever feel the need / want / desire to bake????????????? Well I've got good news for you buddy... here is a lovely recipe for a chocolate brownie that my sister has handed down to me! It's absolutely foolproof and idiotproof and has amazing results. It tastes better than Coles mud cake, that's for sure. I will endeavour to upload more recipes that I come across and have worked well for me.
Send me some photos of your work, if you ever do try this recipe :)
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Servings: 8-10 depending on how you cut the slices.
3/4 cup of melted butter / margarine
3/4 cup of cocoa
1 1/2 cups of caster sugar
3/4 cup of plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
Icing sugar for decorations.
- Preheat the oven to 160'c for fan forced ovens.
- Line your baking tray with baking paper. The cake tin should be approx 22cm in diameters but whatever you have lying around in the kitchen is also fine too.
- Combine the melter butter, cocoa and caster sugar in a bowl.
- Add yo eggz and mix well (on medium) with a mixer.
- Sift flour and baking powder into the mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin. Bake for approx 25 mins, or until the cake is firm but still moist in the centre. If you stick a chopstick in there, and there is residue when you remove the chopstick... then it's prrrrobably not ready and you should leave it in there for a couple of minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool down and dust it up with icing sugar.
- Enjoy! And take some photos to show me if you try this easy to make recipe!
A couple of my ingredients!
Free range is a little bit more expensive but goes a long way :)
anddddd VIOLA :)
a beautiful chocolate man, i mean... cake.
^ served up with fresh strawberries and boysenberry icecream :)