ABOUT GFGM

gastronomy
ɡaˈstrɒnəmi/
noun
  1. the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food.



Good Food, Good Mood was established after I realised how often I was asking myself the difficult question of "Where and what should we eat today?". The Melbourne food scene truly makes us spoilt for choice, so I am hoping my honest reviews can act as a guide for any occasion - from cheap eats to fine dining, to burgers and pizza on cheat days, to fresh and healthy on cutting days. Recommendations on places to try and review are always welcome, just leave a comment.

All photos are taken with my Samsung Note 4 or Sony NEX-F3 unless stated otherwise. Thanks for dropping by!

- Lisa Pizza xo


P.S. Shoutout to my friends and family who dine with me - thanks for not picking up your cutlery when the food comes out so I can take all my food photos... y'all know my camera eats first haha.

ChangGo

Whatchu know about Korean BBQ?

Mondays are the worst days at work. Fortunately we were let off early tonight, so the work girls and I headed to ChangGo, a Korean BBQ restaurant, open until 1am! It is seriously Melbourne's hidden gem. The waitresses/waiters were EXTREMELY SWEET and very good looking. The girl who served us was such a babe! You definitely have to visit ;)

I did not realise that I have been there before for my best friend's birthday last year (until I saw the massive castle-like gates), but the menu has definitely improved since! They didn't have the eight flavours of pork belly when we went... unless they did but we never noticed it.

^ fried goodies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yum yum yum
Something unusual to order at KBBQ, but delicious nonetheless.
^ pork belly and mushrooms. 
^ the chef / owner that gave us free soju because we were some of the first to come in his new store in October 2011! I love a good freebie :)
^ strawberry tarts from Bread Top! They were amazing.


***********************************************************************************

One year later, the menu is more and more exquisite.
We ordered "Palsaik Set" which was a pork set for a small price of $58.80.
The set came with two bowls of rice, a bowl of soup (we had the choice of changing the soup, usually kbbq places are not flexible with the set menu) and kimchi, bean shoots and the other veggie bits and pieces you need. The menu states that this set serves 2-3 people, but we managed to finish it between four, whilst ordering a massive pot of Topokki. We were even able to take some of the leftover topokki home! Talk about fantastic service!



^ I was wayyyy too excited and took a blurry picture. Poor effort, Lisa. 
You get the idea... a stone gril with lots of veggies on it. 
This place didn't give us a lot of kimchi though... I LOVE KIMCHI SO MUCH.
^ Whatchu know about Korean BBQ?
This is EIGHT TYPES OF PORK BERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, eight epic flavours. I thoroughly enjoyed them all, but the one that stood out the most was wine and herb. Just looking at these photos makes me want to go back and eat!
^ Topokki (rice cake with assorted veggies)
WARNING WARNING WARNING! IT IS SPICY!!!!!!!!!!!!
This was only $24 - and we were even able to take away! 
Of all the times that I have been to kbbq, I have never taken food away before... so this was a pretty big deal. Rice cake is so damn delicious! I can't handle spicy food though :(

I took the liberty of uploading a photo of the location. It's a weird little place. You can find parking on Elizabeth Street on a quiet night. 


ChangGo
70 Little LaTrobe Street 
(in between LaTrobe and A'Beckett St)
Opens 5:30pm to 1:00am! YES, AM!!!
0433 379 100

No comments:

Post a Comment